Facebook and Instagram!

Hi Everyone!

I no longer keep this blog up to date with the latest cookies. You can check out my Facebook page or my Instagram to see what's new!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Let The Hunger Games Begin! {Hunger Games Cookies}

In December of 2010, my book pal Sarah (instead of letters like a pen pal would send, we send each other books) told me I needed to read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I downloaded them to my Kindle and started reading. Four days, and very little sleep, later I had finished the entire series. I fell in love immediately with the trilogy. I couldn't get enough. A couple of weeks later, I read it again. Now more than a year later-and the hardback copies purchased as well, I have read the series 6 times. I LOVE it that much. The story hooks you in immediately, and never lets you go throughout the three books. So naturally when it was announced it would be made in to a movie, I was a little weary, and excited at the same time. I am very particular when it comes to movie adaptations of my favorite books. Some have succeeded (Harry Potter, The Help, Gone with the Wind), and many have failed (I'm looking at you Twilight Saga). BUT I am really, really, REALLY excited to go see The Hunger Games at midnight tonight. From everything I've seen-trailers, clips, stills, reviews-it look like they followed the book pretty closely, only adding in a few scenes outside of Katniss' perspective.

So, with my excitement dialed up to 11, I knew I had to do something special to celebrate the release of the movie. And what better way to do so than by making cookies??? Enjoy, and
"May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Katniss' token-the mockingjay pin!

Effie's favorite saying

Can't wait!

"Team" cookies (I know Finnick isn't in the first book, but he's totally my fave!)

Hunger Games Cookie Platter!

No comments:

Post a Comment